“A well-child visit is when you take your child to the doctor to make sure they’re healthy and developing normally. You can call and make your appointment today at 503.261.7200
During each well-child visit, the doctor or nurse will ask you questions about your child, do a physical exam, and update your child’s medical history. You’ll also be able to ask your questions and discuss any problems you may be having.
Make a list of questions you want to ask the doctor.
Before the well-child visit, write down 3 to 5 questions you have. This visit is a great time to ask the doctor or nurse any questions about:
- A health condition your child has (like asthma or an allergy)
- Changes in sleeping or eating habits
- How to help kids in the family get along
Here are some questions you may want to ask:
- Is my child up to date on vaccines?
- How can I make sure my child is getting enough physical activity?
- Is my child at a healthy weight?
- How can I help my child try different foods?
- What are appropriate ways to discipline my child?
- How much screen time is okay for young children?
Take a notepad, smartphone, or tablet and write down the answers so you remember them later.”