Keeping our bodies active and healthy is important. It is also important to find ways to keep inspired and to commit to learning new things. The below information and link from an online article discusses how learning new things can be enriching (and healthy) for our lives:
“There are a lot of good, practical reasons to make learning something new a part of your daily routine, but the best reason has nothing to do with practicality — we are learning creatures, and the lifelong practice of learning is what makes us humans and our lives worthwhile.
If that idealistic musing’s not enough, here’s some more down-to-earth benefits:
- Learning across a wide range of subjects gives us a range of perspectives to call on in our own narrow day-to-day areas of specialization.
- Learning helps us more easily and readily adapt to new situations.
- A broad knowledge of unfamiliar situations feeds innovation by inspiring us to think creatively and providing examples to follow.
- Learning deepens our character and makes us more inspiring to those around us.
- Learning makes us more confident.
- Learning instills an understanding of the historical, social, and natural processes that impact and limit our lives.
- And, like I said, there’s the whole “making like worth living” thing.
Read more from this article and see some of the recommendations here